Your privacy matters to us
We collect a variety of information from visitors to our website, some of which can be confidential. This document explains the types of information we collect, how we collect it and what we do with that information (among other things).
Like most website operators, HiveMind Network collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. HiveMind Network purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how HiveMind Network’s visitors use its website. The information collected will also help us trouble-shoot problems, analyse our resources and improve our services. There is nothing in that kind of information that could enable anyone to identify who you are.
HiveMind Network also collects potentially personal information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. HiveMind Network only discloses logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personal information as described below. In certain circumstances we may be required or permitted by law, court or tribunal order to collect certain personal information about you.
When do we collect personal information?
Visitors to HiveMind Network website choose to interact with HiveMind Network in ways that require HiveMind Network to gather personal information. The amount and type of information that HiveMind Network gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you visit and interact with our website and related software (including any mobile applications);
- when visitors sign up for a member account, submit our “Join our community” form or sign up for any of our guilds ;
- when you engage in transactions with HiveMind Network;
- when you seek to register as a member;
- through cookies and other technologies that allow us to give you a better experience on our website; and
- when you contact us independently of the website, such as by email, phone or in person.
In each case, HiveMind Network collects such information with the principal objective to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with HiveMind Network. HiveMind Network does not disclose personal information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities and we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you or on your behalf.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information in order that you may receive the benefit of our website and services.
- establish, maintain and administer your account;
- send you service or promotional communications, including surveys and information about security updates;
- create or distribute marketing material that may be relevant to you;
- conduct verifications of profiles, checking credentials, monitoring and reporting as permitted in the terms and conditions you have agreed with us or under any applicable laws;
- quality assurance and training purposes;
- promote and market HiveMind Network, our services , our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc) and/or the Experts and Clients registered with HiveMind Network;
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
Your personal information will also be used by us to enable more direct connectivity between Experts and Clients, and between Experts and members of the public, for the purposes of the services. In particular:
- As an Expert, the visibility of certain personal information included in your professional profile to Clients will depend on the extent to which you have opted in to share your personal information via your account settings.
- As part of the services, HiveMind Network offers a profile feature that allows portions of an Expert’s profile to be published to the Internet. These portions of your public profile will be indexed and displayed through public search engines such as Google when someone searches for your name, and allow them to click through to your HiveMind Network profile. You may opt out of this feature entirely in your account settings. However, you should be aware that third-party search engines may not automatically update their caches, which may contain old public profile information.
When we might disclose personal information?
HiveMind Network may disclose your personal information to other entities or individuals to facilitate the purpose for which information was collected. Such entities and individuals include:
- Our Clients or Experts, as the case may be;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to) payroll, superannuation administration, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors;
- any third party partners or entities with whom HiveMind Network has a commercial relationship;
- any related entity of HiveMind Network including HiveMind Network Ltd;
- any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting or when HiveMind Network believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of HiveMind Network, third parties or the public at large; or
- other entities if you have given your express consent. Those entities and individuals will be permitted to obtain only the personal information necessary to deliver the service. HiveMind Network takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations and individuals protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
If you conduct any transaction that requires a payment by you, some of your details may be provided to a third party payment processor to allow the transaction to be completed.
Certain information will be disclosed to potential Client Members to allow them to determine which Experts might be suitable. Contact details will only be shared between Clients and Experts insofar as is necessary or appropriate to facilitate the Services that HiveMind Network provides to Experts and Clients.
If HiveMind Network, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that HiveMind Network goes out of business or becomes insolvent, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of HiveMind Network may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Does HiveMind Network use personal information for direct marketing?
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular HiveMind Network services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these services, new features and how they may benefit you, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with HiveMind Network and our products. Direct Marketing from HiveMind Network generally takes the form of an Electronic marketing email.
Electronic marketing – Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by email, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or signing in paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information. Consent may be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have a reasonable expectation of receiving an electronic marketing communication.
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by HiveMind Network will include a means by which customers may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to us via the channels provided under ‘Contact us’ below.
Links to third party websites
Accessing your personal information held by HiveMind Network
You may review, edit, correct or delete any personal information you submit to us at any time. You just need to log into your account to do this.
You normally may access personal information we otherwise hold about you. However, access to your personal information may be denied on certain grounds including, for example: it is unlawful; it may have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or your request is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny you access we will provide our reason for doing so within a reasonable period of time after your request is made. If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you or request correction of it, you should contact the Privacy Officer on the details below who will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information you should be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
- if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and
- if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
How can you correct and update your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information by maintaining and updating your profile.
Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
Dealing with us Anonymously or by Pseudonym
In order for us to successfully do business with you it will not, in most circumstances, be practical for us to deal with you without you providing relevant personal information to us.
Storage and security
HiveMind Network takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to the website to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access. We will not have any liability arising from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
Privacy Complaints or Contact Us
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and will be handled as soon as reasonably practicable.